- 6 medium beets (cleaned)
- 2 large shallots (peeled)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion (frenched)
- 1 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2-3 tbsp pickling spices
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a large bowl, toss beets, shallots, rosemary and olive oil.
- Place into a foil pouch and roast in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the roasted beets and slice thinly.
- Arrange in 1-quart jars alternating layers with onion.
- In a small pot, boil the rest of the ingredients and pour over the beets.
- Tightly lid the jars and place in refrigerator for 3 to 7days before serving.