- One 6-quart stock pot with a lid
- 10 cups Zucchini, shredded, tightly packed, about 5 medium or 9 small. Use only fresh, firm medium or smaller sized zucchini. Wash and dry, but do not peel. Shred, removing any large seeds.
- 4 cups Onion, about 3 large, chopped, tightly packed
- 2 Red Peppers, chopped
- 5 Tbs. Canning Salt
- 5 cups of sugar
- 2.5 cups White vinegar
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tsp. Dry Mastard
- 2 Tsp. Celery Seed
- 2 Tsp Turmeric
- Mix zucchini, onions, peppers and canning salt in your 6 qt pan, cover.
- Let this sit in the fridge overnight
- Rinse, in batches, thru a sieve, and press out as much water as possible
- Put this mess back in your washed and dried 6 qt pan
- Now add all of the rest of ingredients
- Bring to a rolling boil, cook for 10 minutes, just keep it bubbling
- Pack into 6 sterile pint jars, cover with sterile lids and rims
- Process for 20 minutes in a boiling water bath
- Let it age a few days. It only gets better!
- For a hotter version, blend in a few habanero peppers with the white vinegar just prior to cooking. Careful though…